There are several ways on how you can help in reducing monthly water heating bill and most of these methods are practical and effective. Aside from saving money in the process, you will also help the environment with your less energy and resources consumption. Here are some ways.
- Instead of taking long baths or extensive shower, have a quick shower to freshen up and clean yourself. Although there is nothing wrong with pampering yourself in luxurious baths, doing it every day would be time consuming and impractical.
- Turn off the shower when soaping up, shampooing, shaving or brushing your teeth. This will not only help in reducing monthly water heating bill, you will also lower down your water consumption.
- There are those who keep the shower on just to keep themselves warm while taking a shower during winter. However, this would mean wasting a lot of water and consuming more energy for the heater. To keep the bathroom warm as you take a shower, keep the bathroom door tightly shut but make sure to turn the fan on. It would also help if you have rich and fluffy towels or bathrobe nearby.
- Use cold or regular water when doing the laundry instead of warm water. Although in some cases you might need warm or hot water on washing your clothes, most of the time, you would only need regular temperature to wash your laundry loads.
- Fix the leaks and other boiler issues. A constantly dripping faucet or pipe could mean losing several gallons of water in a day and that means a lot to your consumption. To keep you water and heating facilities in tiptop condition, have a regular maintenance check by a qualified technician at least once in a year.
- Utilize your dishwasher efficiently. Only wash your dishes when they would amount to full load. Set the washer to shorter cycles and if your dishwasher has a booster heater, use it.
- Install a heat trap on your water heater tank as this would help in reducing monthly water heating bill effectively. Call a technician to install the heat trap.