Neodymium is a type of widely used magnets in various industries. It is also known as NdFeB or NIB and Neo magnets. This type of magnet, the rare Earth Neodymium Magnets is considered as the strongest variety among rare magnets. They are available in bonded and sintered forms and they are popular because of the following advantages:
- Neodymium is knownto have higher remanence compared to other magnet types available in the market today.
- This type of magnet has higher coercivity. This means that it has higher and better resistance to magnetization changes.
- Another reason why rare Earth Neodymium Magnets is popular is due to its capacity to provide high-energy efficiency. When used on appliances, they will consume lesser energy resulting to lower costs on electricity. Neodymium magnets are utilized in modern and energy-efficient appliances today such as air conditioning systems and refrigerators.
- Because neodymium magnet is widely used, you can find the element in ordinary items used in daily activities. Some of them include tools, hard disk drives, engine and motor parts and magnetic fasteners, among others.
- Neodymium magnet is also proven to be the strongest kind of rare earth magnet. No magnet type has been found to stronger than Neodymium.
- Neodymium also remains sturdy even when exposed to high temperatures. It is also proven to have superior magnetic properties among other magnet types. Generally,neodymium is alloyed with terbium and dysprosium. With its high temperature resistance, neodymium is used in industrial applications though the temperature should not exceed at 250C.
But then again, just like any property or element, neodymium magnet also has its share of weaknesses or disadvantages. One of the cons is that neodymium is very sensitive to alternating temperatures. It can also oxides and rust eventually which is why, manufacturers offer plated neodymium to the market. By applying plate on the magnet, oxidation can be avoided and prevent the material from early rusting. When compared to other types, rare Earth Neodymium Magnets prove to have lower Curie temperature. Because of its fewer cons, neodymium remains to be sought after and preferred element in various industries. Choose a reliable supplier of magnets to ensure high quality of the material.